Staying Well During COVID-19 - With or Without the Gym
Staying Well During COVID-19 - With or Without the Gym
For better or for worse (and likely the latter), COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on the physical and mental health and wellness of humanity across the world. While the pandemic and it's associated recreational suspensions can certainly be frustrating, we must continue to at least attempt to see the silver lining in all circumstances. Although this mindset can appear daunting, it is quite attainable.
Quarantining at home, while undoubtedly monotonous and lonesome, provides us with an excellent opportunity to check-in with ourselves. Too often, we tend to become so engulfed in a routine that we omit our own physical and mental well-being. Use this time wisely. Start a new book and escape for a short while. Discover and attempt a new healthy recipe to surprise a family or friend. Develop your own at-home fitness routine (resources below). Start a weekly game night, or a new tradition with your loved ones. Use this unexpected surplus of time to benefit yourself. After 2020, we certainly all deserve it.
Please find excellent at-home fitness routines below:
I agree with your statement about quarantining at home provides us with an opportunity to check in with ourselves. My first blog was about me starting a new workout routine and how quarantine brought that on. This is benefitting me and my health. I feel so much better about myself after doing my 30 minute workout. I push myself the whole time and it also helps me stay motivated when I see results. This is the silver lining in my life and I am proud that I took on the initiative myself.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reminder as I start this new year. When pandemic started, I felt like I should have so much more time to get things done since I wasn't driving from school to school to work with students. Yet I was so bogged down with coursework from my doctoral studies that my physical well-being started suffer. I used to work out 3-4 times per week. But somehow I found myself going a week at a time without any significant physical activity. I made the commitment to start walking. I was going for a 30-45 minute walk almost every day, which is a great workout in the hilly neighborhood where I live. That was fine this summer. But as the amount of daylight hours diminished and air temps dropped, walking was no longer an option. The answer for me was finding workouts I can do in my home. I was thrilled when my Pure Barre studio started streaming classes that I could do at home any time. I started getting 3 workouts in each week. Currently, the holidays and grad school classes are currently kicking my butt again, so working out has taken a short hiatus. But as of January 11th- I'm recommitting to my 3-4 workouts per week. #GoalSetting
ReplyDelete